Sometimes I just love to read contemporary translations. This week I've been reading Psalm 100 and while it is beautiful in any version of the Bible, in The Message it sounds like a contemporary praise and worship song. It's just where I was headed this Thankful Thursday.
A Thanksgiving Psalm1-2 On your feet now—applaud God! Bring a gift of laughter,
sing yourselves into his presence.
3 Know this: God is God, and God, God.
He made us; we didn't make him.
We're his people, his well-tended sheep.
4 Enter with the password: "Thank you!"
Make yourselves at home, talking praise.
Thank him. Worship him.
5 For God is sheer beauty,
all-generous in love,
loyal always and ever.
My Thankful List is right out Psalm 100:
- I'm thankful that I can be active in my worship of God. I don't have to always be constrained by convention. I can laugh and clap in His presence.
- I'm thankful that GOD is the only God. All His words are trustworthy. He made me for His purpose and He takes care of me as I seek to know that purpose.
- I'm thankful that His presence is HOME. A place where I can be myself completely--no pretenses or putting on a church-y face. He loves me as I am, while He molds me into His vessel.
- I'm thankful that I can understand and appreciate true beauty because I can look to Him to see in Jesus the definition of beauty.
- I'm thankful that Jesus loves me and stands up for me when I pray as my true advocate with the Father.