Saturday, November 22, 2008

Secret Meaning of Your Name

Ok, Linda @ 2nd Cup of Coffee has again led me to play a little long at the keyboard. You can play too by clicking the link at the bottom of the post.

What Patricia Means
You are influential and persuasive. You tend to have a lot of power over people. It's that control freak thing. You don't want me as a passenger in your car!

Generally, you use your powers for good. You excel at solving other people's problems. No, I do NOT meddle!

Occasionally, you do get a little selfish and persuade people to do things that are only in your interest. I thought that's why you have kids: "How 'bout bringin' me a glass of tea, since you're already up?"

You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection. And as a perfectionist, if I can't get it done right it has to wait. Yes, I'm a card-carrying procrastinator, as is typical of most perfectionists.

You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. That's why our daughter's dog kneels at my feet whenever I am around her (and that's why my feet get wet YUCK! when she does).

You have the classic “Type A” personality. Is this supposed to be a positive or negative thing? At least my dad is happy--he never accepted anything short of an "A." My dh thinks that's where the above characteristic came from *wink*.

You are a seeker. You often find yourself restless - and you have a lot of questions about life. Yes, I get bored. No, I'm not nosy--just curious. (Ok, I confess: I used to read the encyclopedia for fun.)

You tend to travel often, to fairly random locations. You're most comfortable when you're far away from home. I love my home. But I really like those little get-aways my dh takes me on. We just head out and wander in some direction or another until we see somewhere we want to stop. Lately it's been Amish country in Ohio.

You are quite passionate and easily tempted. Your impulses sometimes get you into trouble. Ooops! Yes...But I like to think of these times as learning experiences.

You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something. My family just calls me names like: bohemian, eccentric, hippy...

You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense. I do tend to overwhelm when I am excited about a project.

You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun. That's why I picked a nice, rock-steady husband and surround myself with sensible friends. That way the fun is always more or less safe. Nevermind my tendency to walk to the edge to look at what's at the bottom of the cliff...

You tend to be pretty tightly wound. It's easy to get you excited... which can be a good or bad thing. Ouch! Yep...I either encourage or take over. It's that "Type A" thing again.

You have a lot of enthusiasm, but it fades rather quickly. You don't stick with any one thing for very long. Who let you into my craft closet?!!?

You have the drive to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. Your biggest problem is making sure you finish the projects you start. Again...somebody's been snooping! It's called C-R-E-A-T-I-V-I-T-Y!

You are very open. You communicate well, and you connect with other people easily. Just put me in the middle of a group. We'll laugh and have fun. But don't put me behind a microphone...suddenly my legs don't wanna hold me up and my voice raises a couple octaves.

You are a naturally creative person. Ideas just flow from your mind. My husband calls me a dreamer...then pats me on the head when I overwhelm him with those ideas. But mostly he indulges me and tries to help me accomplish my dreams.

A true chameleon, you are many things at different points in your life. You are very adaptable. No choice there: raised in a military family, married a military man. It's adapt or be miserable. And miserable just doesn't work in my world. I like to enjoy everything and everyone around me--wherever I am.


So that's me in a few lines. It's amazing how close this little game came to the REAL me. I had fun doing this. Thanks, Linda!!!

3 comments:

Denise said...

This was fun sweetie.

Cainan & Ryker said...

That sounds fun. I've got to try it....although I'm a little afraid of what it might say. My placemat at the Chinese restaurant nailed me pretty good.

Cainan & Ryker said...

Oh, yeah. And thanks for commenting on my blog about card making. I do hope you get the chance to do it sometime.