Wednesday, October 22, 2008

WFW: Our Strong Tower

"It is better to take refuge in the LORD, than to trust in people." Psalm 118:8
I tend to be really upbeat and positive. I'm happy and bubbly and friendly.

...until...

someone or something lets me down.

Then I become fearful, angry, sad, fretful, depressed.

I spend hours, days, weeks in soul-deep ----and physical---- PAIN.
While all along, a still small voice reminds me: "Patty, I love you." John 3:16a

The chattering WORRY at first overpowers the soft voice but doesn't completely drown it out.
For thus says the LORD God, the Holy One of Israel: "In returning and rest you shall be saved." Isaiah 30:15a

And I turn toward the voice and my panic begins to settle...
"In quietness and confidence shall be your strength." Isaiah 30:15b

My hands unclench...
"Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him." Psalm 37:7a

the tightness in my chest eases.....
"Great peace have those who love Your law."
Psalm 120:165a

And I reach up to take His outstretched arms...
"And nothing shall cause them to stumble."
Psalm 120:165b

I curl in to Him and I fall into the sleep He gives His dearly loved ones.

"He gives His beloved sleep." Psalm 127:2d

*******Dear friends, if you have gotten this far in today's blog, let me make a request of you. I wrote this in response to a situation that has just come up...but has been around for years. It involves my loved ones and someone on the outside of our family circle with the potential to cause harm. Please pray for us. I'm at the panic level right now...trying to lean so hard on the Lord's word. ********
***Update 10:35 est --- I've had an upgrade level....I'm at the turning toward His voice level. Thank you for praying.***



13 comments:

A Sailor's Heart said...

i love that verse from proverbs... i actually have a tattoo on my inside left bicep, in Hebrew, that says "strong tower" but my Biblical basis was Psalm 61:3-For you have been my strong tower, a refuge against the foe. just a constant reminder that God is my strong tower that i can run to and take shelter in when i am attacked and drawn away from His path... thank you for your awesome posts, they are quite uplifting... especially here in the Land of the Rising Sun where my contact with Christians thus far has been few and far between...

Denise said...

I loved this post, so lovely.

Deanna said...

Many prayers for you right now as you are experiencing such a stressful situation. Climb up into God's strong tower and know that He will protect you from each and every attack.

As far as the panic... He can ease that too.

ellen b. said...

Lots of great encouraging verses here today. I love the illustration for the strong tower! We need to keep looking to our King!

Laurie Ann said...

Pausing to pray right now....Wonderful encouragement in the midst of your situation, though - you are strong in the Lord! Bless you, my friend! Happy WFW!

Alexis said...

I absolutely relate to your blog... I am praying that your hands unclench and that the tightness in your chest eases. Reach for His outstretched arms! From there, you've got it!! My best medicine? Reading WFW posts!! Get to it, and may God be with you and protect your family from harm today and everyday. Thinking of you!

Mokihana said...

Lovely photo, and a great reminder how He truly is our strong tower no matter what the circumstances.

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

I don't think there is anyTHING or circumstance in life similar to family member's trial that can bring us before the throne of GOD quicker and more fervently. We will make you a part of our own plea before HIM today.
What better verse to dwell upon and place in memory and forefront of your heart and mind. He is our TOWER.
Panic -- take courage. Strenth and security in HIM erases our fleshly reactions. REST in HIM.
God stay with you today, Friend.

Another great Tower: http://crittyjoy.wordpress.com/2008/10/22/word-filled-wednesday-24/
-esthermay

Anonymous said...

What a powerful verse and photo!

Unknown said...

It is 3pm EST and I am praying for your situation right now.

I pray that God has eased all fear and anxiety - that you are resting in His presence and know that He has not left you!

I pray that your faith will overcome the fears and His voice will carry you through this trial.

He that is in you is greater than him of this world!

Fear not, I will be with you always!

In His amazing grace,
Jill

Melanie said...

All such wonderful scriptures that you have shared. I will be praying for you and the situation you shared.

MJ said...

I pray your situation turns out ok. Your blog has brought me comfort and joy in reading it.

Bless You and I will continue to pray for you!

Rebecca said...

How encouraging that your are turning to the Lord in your panic. He hears your cry: Psalms 40:1-3 "I waited patiently for the LORD
he turned to me and heard my cry....He put a new song in my mouth a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD." My prayer is that He gives you a new song to sing, one of rest and peace.