Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thankful Thursday: God's Love Letters

I was awakened in the early hours this morning. Unable to fall back to sleep, I realized my wakefulness was from the Lord. I began praying for my dear ones, those sleeping here in our home and those sleeping in their own home.

After a time, I grew restless to have my Bible in my hands so I could seek the Lord's direction to pray and I rose from the bed.

Soon the spiritual struggle of one of my dearest ones came to my mind. I sought words from the Scriptures specifically for this dear one's situation. I'm so thankful God has given us His Love Letters when we need to hear from Him.

First, from 1 Timothy 1:19 --
Cling to your faith in Christ, and keep your conscience clear. For some people have deliberately violated their consciences; as a result, their faith has been shipwrecked.
Next, from 2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1 --
Don't team up with those who are unbelievers.

How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness?

How can light live with darkness?

What harmony can there be between Christ and the devil?

How can a believer be a partner with an unbeliever?

And what union can there be between God's temple and idols?

For we are the temple of the living God. As God said:

"I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

Therefore, come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them, says the LORD. Don't touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you.

And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the LORD Almighty."

Because we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God.
And, from Proverbs 18:10 --
The name of the LORD is a strong fortress; the godly run to Him and are safe.
Finally, beloved, from Exodus 14:13-14 --
Don't be afraid. Just stand still and watch the LORD rescue you today. The LORD Himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.
Thank You, Father:
  • that you are faithful and true,
  • that joy in You gives us strength,
  • that Your word guides and comforts,
  • that the believer can stand steadfast on Your word.
Amen, Lord!!

7 comments:

Denise said...

Thank you for listening to that still small voice, bless you.

Unknown said...

I love those early morning wakeup calls! Thank you for sharing today.

Laurie Ann said...

Don't you love it when God wakes you up? He's done that to me before, most recently yesterday morning! I loved your post...so precious! Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

After the book of James, II Corinthians is my favorite Book of the Bible. It has touched me and led me so much in our ministry.

"Don't team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness?.... come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them. . . "

I too find such comfort in these verses. Contrary to what the world tells us, to live this ACTUALLY draws unbeleivers to us! It is amazing how God works when we are in line with HIM!

I'm glad God speaks in the early a.m., aren't you?

btw.... I have not yet been compelled to start a goat farm. Not that I don't think it's a superb idea! However, I cannot imagine the red-tape in SmallFarmTownMinnesota to request a zoning permit to raise goats.

He & Me + 3 said...

How Awesome to recognize God's voice, listen & be obedient. Thank you for those powerful scriptures.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I feel so blessed that I discovered Thankful Thursdays! Thanks for visiting my blog and sharing your intimate moments with Christ. It is so awesome to know He is so interested in each of us that He will put it on our heart to be in His word at all times of the day. Blessings!

Melanie said...

A lovely post for today! So thankful you were able to have that wonderful time with the Lord this morning.

Happy Thankful Thursday!