"The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." --James 5:16bMy Word-Filled Wednesday was written in response to a situation I was told about Tuesday evening that immediately caused me to jump on the emotion roller coaster (btw, I do NOT ride roller coasters voluntarily, real or emotional!). In early morning I went back and added a request for prayer...then I had to go into town to pick up my grandson. As I was heading there, my heart started to settle. By the time I got to our daughters' house, I had a strategy for addressing the situation. When I got home, I was calm and peaceful about everything. And...when I logged on to my blog I saw that my blogosphere friends were praying for me.
"...always laboring fervently for you in prayers, that you may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God." --Colossians 4:12I was also blessed to see that God had prepared the WFW posts to affirm my trust in him. At least 2 others that I went to had used God as a strong tower for their pictures/verses. (Lisa @ Pockets of Time & Christy @ Critty Joy) Isn't it a wonderful God we serve that can take believers from all over and give them a spiritual like-mindedness?
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." --Proverbs 3:5I have time today to finish going through the WFW posts and to read today's TT posts as the Dynamo and I are both laying around drinking juice and inhaling medicated air from the vaporizer. He has a cold...and I'm not sure if I caught mine from him (he gives wonderful, sloppy kisses right on the mouth--even if he has to hold your head between his two little hands--no turning a cheek to him) or because I kept visiting Laurie Ann's blog while she was sick. ;->
"I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God which was given to you by Christ Jesus." --1 Corinthians 1:4My Thankful Thursday list includes, but is not limited to:
- An awsome God who always hears prayers and never lets me down.
- Friends who pray. I can't express how much I appreciate you.
- Wisdom and comfort straight from the Word of God.
- Sloppy toddler kisses.
- A husband who serves his sick wife in the best ways he can think: bringing me drinks and supper; starting a fire in the wood stove; and, giving the best hand massages!!
- My son who isn't afraid to jump in and throw a pot of chili together for supper, asking only for only a few instructions (another up and coming fly-by-the-seat of his pants cook).
- My daughters who trust me to jump in where needed, to give advice when asked, to be a mom who is there for them, and who will show up with chocolate and hugs when I need them.
- My mother who sat with a busy toddler in the waiting room for an hour and a half while I had a test done, choosing to do that rather than watch him at her house in case I didn't feel like driving myself home.
"But he who trusts in the LORD, mercy shall surround him." --Psalm 32:10bThank you...friends who prayed. The comfort came as promised. Please keep this unspoken situation on your prayer list. It may take some time to resolve. I am confident of this: however the resolution comes, God is faithful and, as He has proven in the past, He protects my loved ones. I can trust Him.
"Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness." --Psalm 37:3