Monday, March 22, 2010

Living Free...To Worship

I am free to run
I am free to dance
I am free to live for You
I am free

The Newsboys -- I Am Free

A few weeks ago I attended a Sunday morning service in a little country church where the sweet spirit of worship permeated the whole building. The joy of that one hour carried me through the next week, helping me be mindful to worship daily. There is great freedom in joining together to praise God without restraint.

I knew when we decided to go that was how worshiping with this particular congregation would be. While I am sure they are no different from the typical Bible-teaching church in most aspects, they hold close the words of Jesus:
"If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels." (Luke 9:26 NIV)
For this group of Christ-bearers, to sit reserved and silent in church is an affront to the One who gave all for their freedom from sin and to be able to gather in His name. So Sunday morning worship is a celebration full of singing, praising, and testifying to the greatness of our God.  


Continue reading at Take Root and Write: Choosing Life Everyday!...>>

No comments: