- The door to the little cottage was open and the sound of a tea kettle whistling merrily guided me up the gravel walk.
- With the non-refundable airplane tickets in my hand and my packed bags waiting by the door, I stared open mouthed as I read the email that said my old high school boyfriend had signed up at the last minute to attend the class reunion.
- My hand shook as it hovered over the mouse pointed at the send button ready to shoot my first novel out into cyberspace.
- Late into the night the thunder crashed and the rain pelted the windows.
- My mother-in-law stood knocking on the front door, last night's dishes were stilled piled in the sink, and the baby's toys were strewn across the living room floor.
- The picture in the catalog lied.
- He tried to remember who had talked him into this.
- I should have listened with both ears instead of one.
- It was the scariest thing she had ever seen.
- No one said being a mom was easy.
- With just minutes to get to the interview I parked in the first available spot, ignoring the blare of the horn from the SUV that had been waiting in the oncoming lane to park there.
- It was the last thing I expected my husband to say when he got home from work.
- Just one week away from my 45th birthday and not even the second cup of coffee was cheering me up.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants